Radio Remote Control
The Radio Remote Control is easy to assemble, stable and reliable and suitable for controlling all brands of tail lifts. A User-manual has been compiled with all connection diagrams for the most common tail lifts. This product is developed in accordance with the European directives. The housing of the Radio Remote Control is waterproof with an IP rating of 67.
The two-button version 4552700H for raising and lowering the tail lift.
The three-button version 4514434H for raising, lowering, opening,
and closing the tail lift.
BEWARE! The owner of the vehicle is at all times responsible for an object that has been installed on the vehicle.
The receiver can be installed safely using the self-drilling screws delivered with the product. The receiver must be connected according to the wiring diagram. Always have a certified mechanic take care of installation. Just like for other controls, HACO Tail Lift Parts supplies cable sets with circuit diagrams that are specific to this product.
BEWARE! To ensure your safety and the safety of others, the system must be connected to a power supply that automatically switches off when the lorry is starting up and driving.
If you are unable to connect the control, feel free to contact our technical support department for advice on +31 (0)55 533 05 10 on working days between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
The transmitter and receiver are already connected and pre-programmed to the correct settings. If the transmitter and receiver are not connected, they must be reconnected. If you wish to connect several transmitters to the receiver, these transmitters must also be connected.
- How to connect the transmitter and receiver: Hold the learning button for 3 seconds until the red learning indicator LED is illuminated. Then press any button on the transmitter. The red learning indicator LED will flash twice to confirm that the transmitter has been connected successfully. You can connect a maximum of 20 transmitters to a receiver.
- How to disconnect the transmitter and receiver: Hold the learning button for 5 seconds. The LED will then flash 3 times, after which all transmitters will be disconnected from the receiver.
As this radio remote control has been specially designed to operate tail lifts, it has several features to ensure the safest possible operation. The remote control has the following built-in options to ensure the operator’s safety:
- Switch-off after 2 minutes: The control will switch itself off automatically after 2 minutes of inactivity. To switch the control back on, press the ON button on the front of the transmitter.
- Chip with learning code: High safety level. More than 1 million different unique addresses minimize the likelihood of devices sharing the same address and distorting the signal.
- Reach of 10-15 metres: The operator can keep an eye on the tail lift thanks to the reach of 10 to 15 metres between the transmitter and receiver.
- ON-OFF buttons on the front of the hand-held transmitter: These buttons are used to switch the receiver on and off. The OFF button can be used to activate an emergency stop in case of an emergency.
- Extra ON-OFF switch: The transmitter has been fitted with a second ON-OFF switch on the back. This enables the user to manually switch off the transmitter in order to disrupt the signal, or to save battery life if the transmitter is inactive for a long period.
- Opposing commands: If the operator gives opposing commands (e.g. lift and drop simultaneously), the system will be locked until the opposing command has been cancelled.
- Lock in case of intervention: The system will lock itself if it receives a disruptive signal at the same frequency. A disruptive signal will under no circumstances cause an unwanted connection, as it does not know the system’s unique code.